Funding Announced - 2017 Community Building Partnership Program
The Member for Oxley Melinda Pavey has announced that the Oxley electorate has secured grant funding totaling $300,000 for projects in the 2017 Community Building Partnership (CBP) program.
The funds will be used to enhance local facilities and community infrastructure.
Mrs Pavey said she is very pleased that works will begin at a diverse range of projects in the New Year.
“The popular and very competitive CBP funding program aims to create more vibrant and inclusive communities and deliver positive social, environmental and recreational outcomes.
“This grassroots funding will directly benefit our community and will deliver vital new infrastructure, and help pay for much-needed improvements at local sports facilities, parks and clubs.”
Some of the larger projects which successfully obtained a grant include:
- Macleay Netball Association Inc. - court resurfacing, $32,409
- Thora Community Hall - hall painting, $25,000
- Byabarra Tennis and Sports Club - court upgrade, $20,000
- Kempsey Golf Club Ltd.- irrigation system, $20,000
- Macleay Valley Eagles AFL Club Inc.- oval lighting, $11,000
- Nambucca Shire Council, Scotts Head Tennis - fence replacement, $18,143
- Nambucca Heads Island Golf Club Ltd. - bridge repairs, $13,250
- Don Dorrigo and Guy Fawkes Historical Society Inc. - refurbish shed, $25,000
- Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW - fit-out facility, $26,000
- Comboyne Community Association Inc. - The Hurrell House Museum, $20,000
- Rotary Club of Wauchope - riverside shelters, $13,000
- Nambucca River District Agricultural Association Ltd. - pavilion painting, $15,000
Further details of the program and all successful grants funded for the 2017 program can be found at https://www.nsw.gov.au/improving-nsw/projects-and-initiatives/community-building-partnership/#successful-grants under the ‘2017 grants’ tab.
“I congratulate all the organisations that were successful in their application and look forward to seeing the projects take shape,” Mrs Pavey said.